Friday, February 15, 2013

A Smoked Trout and Jelly Bean Breakfast!

Since it is Friday, I slept in and emerged from my hooch too late to get breakfast at the DFAC. So, I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast consisting of black coffee, canned smoked trout and jelly beans!  The coffee I made.  The jelly beans, Belly Flops to be exact, came from the automatic candy dispenser my loving sister sent as a Christmas present.  The smoked trout came in a can given to me by Phil, one of my colleagues and friends here.  My sweet wife Terry sent me TWENTY POUNDS of Belly Flops which are Jelly Belly rejects from the factory in California.  Sometimes there are multiple jelly beans which stuck together during production, misshapen jelly beans, or discolored ones.  They all taste great just didn’t pass quality control as they emerged from the jelly bean-making machine.  So, I applaud Terry’s penny-wise ways in purchasing these Belly Flops at prices well below the market price for regular Jelly Bellies.
On the home front, we are all anxiously awaiting the news of when Corey and Katrina will tie the knot.  They have had a rough time finding an adequate venue for the reception.  Knowing the Fisher family, I am sure they are searching for a place within crawling distance to our hotel rooms.
I’ll have to cut this post short, I got distracted by work again, attended an ad-hoc meeting that lasted until after 9 pm, so I’ll sign off by saying that I ate a good-balance lunch and dinner today (so Terry doesn’t hassle me about my poor diet when I speak to her next).  Lunch was veal parmesan, tortellini, and broccoli. Dinner was curry chicken over rice with corn and lemon crumble for dessert.
Only 32 days to go before R&R and 189 days until this tour is over.  I wonder how many more pounds of jelly beans that will require?

Last but certainly not least: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment